Headquarted at NexusUCD at University College Dublin, Q-Validus was developed to help clients bring their learning and accreditation programmes to the digital market. With extensive experience in digital technologies and certification development, our management team have a proven track record of producing technical programmes across a range of sectors.
Q-Validus helps clients to not only bring their certifications to the digital market, but also to obtain mapping with international skills frameworks. Many of our clients achieve industry standards recognition following the development of their assessment and certification programmes, leading to increased authority within their industry.
If you would like to find out more about how Q-Validus can bring your course or assessment into the digital sphere, please contact at:
Chairman – Dudley Dolan
Dudley Dolan is a retired Associate Professor from the Department of Computer Science, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland. Dudley is a Chartered Engineer and graduated from Trinity College in 1962 when he joined IBM. During his career he worked with ICT suppliers and with ICT user companies as an Information Systems Manager. Dudley was Director for the B.Sc. Computer Science programme for evening students in Trinity College Dublin from 1983 until retirement.
Dudley has been a
- Vice-President and Honorary Secretary of CEPIS (Council of European Professional Informatics Societies)
- Trustee of IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing).
- Holder of the Silver Core award from IFIP.
- He is a Founder and Distinguished Fellow of the Irish Computer Society
- Honorary Fellow of the British Computer Society
- Recipient of a Medal of Honour from the Polish Information Processing Society awarded for his contribution to the development of IT education in Poland.
He was Vice Chairman of the CEPIS User Skills Task Force, which developed the ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence, the World’s leading end user certification with over 13 million registered students in more than 140 countries)
He is currently;
- Chairman of the CEN Workshop on ICT Skills
- Chairman of Q-Validus, an international certification solutions provider
- Head of delegation for Ireland to CEN PC 428
- Chairman, Syllabus Advisory Committee, Digital Marketing Institute
- Chairman of the Board of Management of Taney Parish Primary School
Dudley Dolan MA, BAI, C.Eng, M.IEI, FBCS, CITP, FICS.
Garry Cleere – Managing Director
Garry Cleere is Managing Director at Q-Validus and has 15 years’ experience in developing training and certification programmes for awarding bodies. He has particular expertise in the development of end-user and IT computer skills certification programmes and has overseen the development of many successful programmes in this area.
Garry spent 8 years as Head of Certification at the ECDL Foundation, the global governing body for ECDL / ICDL and was central to the technical development of the ECDL programme.
Garry is a co-founder of Q-Validus, a leading certification programmes solutions provider, and in recent years has assisted clients and awarding bodies to produce a wide range of training and certification programmes in diverse domain areas, particularly to achieve mapping and recognition by UK and international skills frameworks.
Garry is a frequent guest speaker at international conferences on automated testing and certification programmes development. Garry Cleere holds an MA from University College Dublin (UCD) in French Literature, and a B.Sc. in Computers from Trinity College Dublin (TCD), he is currently completing an MBA at Henley Management College, and is a member of the Irish Computer Society (ICS).
Specialties: Programmes Development, Syllabus Development, eLearning specification, Tests Blueprinting, Computerized Tests Development, Programmes Validation, Accessibility, Programmes Management.